We all know it, travel requires time, money and company but it is a fulfilling experience that really worth the efforts, and the people you share it with become really close and intimate.
Sometimes, then, find a good company could be tough and a bad choice could seriously ruin the travel. For this reason and many others, if you have never considered the idea of a solo traveler experience, well… it’s time to do it!
In the last years the number of solo travelers has increased consistently, including many bloggers that have written something about their experience as solitary wanderers.
In particular all of them have something in common: they strongly suggest to undertake this kind of travel. It could be long or short term, far or close… time and destination are not important, what counts is you and your personal growth.
We agree with all these bloggers, furthermore, a travel could be an important moment of transition, growth and self empowerment for several reasons. These are our major points:
1. No interference! Travel alone is easier than you think. Time and focus are all towards you; you are able to fully customize your experience according to your needs, obtaining the highest level of satisfaction. Your own interests are the only to be followed and pursued, whenever you want.
2. You create valuable time by reflecting and better understanding yourself and your value. Being somewhere else gives you the opportunity to consider things of your life from a new perspective, and to give each element the weight it deserves, creating moments of introspection and bringing power and trust to your life.
3. Travel generate an open-minded approach to life, useful to develop a more positive attitude and a more enthusiastic desire to learn. As a solo traveler, in fact, you intensify feelings and increase your will to interact with locals, giving you the opportunity to learn new things and new ways to see life or consider situations according to the different local traditions and cultures.
4 Every minute counts. Memories of a solo traveler last much longer because your experiences are deeper as they are all about you and your personal sensations, story and growth.
5. A solo travel can help you get a real idea of what you can do and of the limits you really have. It can generate the satisfaction necessary to increase your self-confidence gaining independence and learning to rely on yourself more than on anyone else.
6. As we already said travelling will let you understand that many people all over the world are good, kind and generous, regardless their backgrounds. You will experience this feeling every time you travel, especially if you travel alone.
7. You can let go of any negative behavior and thoughts, stop evaluating yourself by competing with other people and start acknowledging yourself as an unique individual with both qualities and flaws.
We are aware that this is not the only way, but it is certainly an unique way; If you don’t feel confident with the idea just why not strolling alone for a short weekend jaunt or move for a day-trip by yourself? let’s see what happens!….